Members are invited to join a Teams session Tuesday 28 November 2023 14:30-15:30 The Department for Work and Pensions is undertaking a series of engagement sessions on the draft “staged timetable for connection” for pensions dashboards. This engagement is expected to...
Adam joined Addleshaw Goddard in July 2018 and has over 8 years’ experience as a pensions solicitor. Adam is an experienced member of AG’s specialist SIPPs, SSAS and Pension Products team and frequently advises operators and scheme trustees on regulatory aspects of these schemes including HMRC and TPR compliance. He regularly drafts and updates SIPP and SSAS scheme documentation and enjoys working on technical SIPP/SSAS matters such as tax appeals. Adam’s recent experience includes:
- advising a private wealth management company on the transition of their SIPP to a new third party SIPP operator;
- a red-flag review of new SIPP customer T&Cs for a mutual insurance company to identify any material inconsistency with their SIPP’s Trust Deed and Rules;
- preparing a new SIPP Trust Deed and Rules for a SIPP provider to allow one of their clients to offer a SIPP for use as an auto-enrolment scheme;
- advising a SIPP operator regarding complex potential pensions tax risks in relation to impaired SIPP assets held via custodians, including a governance review of multiple SIPP T&Cs and TDRs;
- advising a Financial Services client in relation to potential conflict risks relating to its SIPP and SSAS business including identifying controls to mitigate risks in relation to applicable legal requirements and regulator expectations; and
- advising a SIPP operator on a complex relief-at-source dispute with HMRC.
Adam has kindly recorded 3 Regulatory Updates:
Investment Losses 16 minutes, HMRC Guidance 18 minutes & Discharge of Scheme Sanction Charges 17 minutes
- Speaker Name: Adam Carruthers
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0)113 209 2174 Mob: +44 (0)7784 294 636
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/adam-carruthers-67526660/
View other Seminars here: